In an effort to figure out how people are getting Owen info/pix, I am trying to find out who reads this blog regularly and uses it as their main way to keep up with our family. I am finding "photo management" to be much more difficult than getting enough sleep as a new mommy! Currently I am using facebook and this blog to share pix. I am building a Shutterfly share site as well, mainly for several people who don't use facebook or read the blog as much. If you read this, could you please leave a comment to this post or send me an email to let me know: 1. How do you like to keep up with us- Junebug blog, Casaluna blog, facebook, email, or a combination? 2. Would you want to be invited to a Shutterfly sharesite and there you can opt to receive emails when we add new pix? I don't want to bombard people with photos but at the same time love the idea that they are there for people to access when they have time or inclination. Thanks for your help with this!
We had a fun pregnancy milestone this week; we saw my belly move from outside when little one was kicking/pushing it from inside! That was wild, freaky and oh so cool! Feeling bigger every day; baby should double his weight in the next week from what I read. We are getting excited to meet him in just a few more months! We received an amazing box of baby boy clothes and maternity gear from my dear college bud K; opening it made us both so excited! Thanks, K! I thought I would post a few ideas we are thinking about for baby gear- we are trying not to go overboard. This is from Pottery Barn and I love the idea of storing some books with covers facing out. It comes in white too but this color would match better though it may be too dark for a baby's room? (Crib is dark wood) These three are from Fisher-Price's zen collection. The green and brown color theme matches exactly but these things wouldn't be used in the nursery anyway. We are trying to decide whether to go with...
Our little moonbeam will be born during the Chinese Year of the Ox, which begins tomorrow, Jan. 26, 2009! As G. notes in the comments of this post, last year it was Feb. 7, and next year it will start on Valentine's Day! You can read more about the characteristics of those born during this time here or here You will notice if you read all the way down in the second link that the parent-child relationship between Rats and Oxen receives 4 asterisks, indicating that they are "on the same wavelength" and that the parents are noble while the child is respectable---Derek and I are Rats!! 2009 is the Year of the Earth Ox which seems especially auspicious since (according to the second link): THE EARTH OX 1949 AND 2009 The most reliable and diligent Oxen belong to this collection of Oxen. The Earth element balances many of their negative characteristics. These Oxen are show good judgement, a good characteristic for successful financial dealings. Other people tend to look up to...
Comments